My chicken was hot and rum soaked. I can’t decide if I want to call it Pirate Chicken or me. 😉
Okay, the original recipe calls for marinating the breasts overnight or slapping them on the grill. Me, being ever impatient, placed them in a vaccum seal bag, pressed the marinade into the chicken for about 4 hours, and then baked them in the bag. It comes handy if you buy the vaccum bags that you can put in the oven. It owrked out for me.
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup lime juice
1/3 cup soy sauce
1/3 cup CPT Morgan Private Stock
1/2 cup water
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
6 chicken breasts
The original cooking instructions from Food.com had this to say:
To Bake: Spray a 9 X 13 glass cooking dish with olive oil cooking spray coating it entirely.
Combine all ingredients in a glass baking dish, cover and marinate overnite.
Bake in the same dish, covered @ 375 for 45 minutes, stir. Cover and continue baking for another 45 minutes. Stir and continue baking for additional 10 minutes, uncovered.
Serve over Jasmine rice.
BBQ: Spray a 9 X 13 glass cooking dish with olive oil cooking spray coating it entirely.
Combine all ingredients in a glass baking dish, cover and marinate overnite
Spray BBQ grill with olive oil cooking spray and grill chicken for 5 minutes on each side, until chicken is no longer pink & juices run clear. Be sure to baste continuously with Caribbean marinade. Enjoy!
I followed the Bake instructions, minus the 24 hours of marinating time. Vacuum sealing removes the long wait time. Love it.
As a side, I made green beans and Rosemary-Garlic Red Potatoes:
By Danna Korn and Connie Sarros
Flounder with mustard dill sauce is packed with flavor. The recipe for this gluten-free dish is easy.
Yield: 4 servings
1 teaspoon plus 3 tablespoons olive oil
Four 5-ounce flounder fillets
1 garlic clove
2 green onions
1/2 teaspoon dried dill
1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
1/4 teaspoon salt
3 tablespoons slivered almonds
1 teaspoon brown mustard
1/4 teaspoon pepper
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Lightly oil an 8-x-11-inch baking dish with 1 teaspoon of olive oil.
Rinse and pat the fillets dry.
Place the fish in a single layer in the dish.
Mince the garlic.
Juice the lemon.
Chop the green onions.
Combine 1/4 teaspoon garlic, 2 tablespoons lemon juice, the onion, dill, red pepper flakes, oregano, salt, almonds, brown mustard, pepper, and 3 tablespoons of olive oil in a blender.
Puree the ingredients for 10 seconds.
Scrape down the blender’s sides with a spatula.
Puree for 10 more seconds.
Spread the sauce over the fish, dividing evenly.
Bake the fillets for about 15 minutes or until a fork inserted in the thickest part of the flounder turns easily.
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 30 Minutes
Ready In: 40 Minutes
4 tilapia fillets
3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1 tablespoon butter, melted
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
pepper to taste
|1.||Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Spray a baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.|
|2.||Rinse tilapia fillets under cool water, and pat dry with paper towels.|
|3.||Place fillets in baking dish. Pour lemon juice over fillets, then drizzle butter on top. Sprinkle with garlic, parsley, and pepper.|
|4.||Bake in preheated oven until the fish is white and flakes when pulled apart with a fork, about 30 minutes.|
4 (4 ounce) fillets swai fish
2 tablespoons margarine
1/4 cup dry white wine
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 teaspoon paprika
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Spray a shallow pan or baking sheet with cooking spray.
Place fish fillets into the prepared pan.
Heat margarine in a saucepan over medium heat. Mix white wine, lemon juice, cilantro, garlic, salt, and black pepper into the melted margarine; simmer sauce for 2 minutes. Generously spoon sauce over fish fillets. Sprinkle fillets with paprika.
Bake in the preheated oven until fish flakes easily with a fork, 10 to 12 minutes.
makes 4 servings
Tonight, we paired the Swai Fillets with steamed broccoli and whole grain freekeh.
2 garlic cloves, peeled
2 tsp paprika
1 tsp sea salt, plus more to taste
8 mackerel fillets, skin on
1 pound new potatoes
2-3 scallions, trimmed and thinly sliced
For the vinaigrette
Pinch of saffron
1 Tbsp white wine vinegar
1 tsp Dijon mustard
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F.
2. Put the garlic and paprika into a mortar, add the salt, and pound to a smooth paste. Add a few drops of olive oil, then rub the flesh side of the mackerel fillets with the paste and set aside.
3. Make the vinaigrette. Put all the ingredients into a small bowl and whisk together with a fork. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
4. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and brush lightly with olive oil. Lay the mackerel fillets skin side up on the paper and season the skin with sea salt. Roast for 8-10 minutes until the skin is crisp and the fish is cooked through. Remove from the oven and leave to rest.
5. Meanwhile, boil the potatoes in a large pan of salted water for about 15 minutes until tender, then drain. Return to the pan with 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Crush lightly with the back of a fork, then add the scallions and stir to combine. Season with salt, then add a couple of tablespoons of the vinaigrette.
6. Serve the crushed potatoes topped with the mackerel and a drizzle of the remaining vinaigrette.
Recipes from Gordon Ramsay’s Home Cooking by Gordon Ramsay.
Copyright © 2013 by Gordon Ramsay. Reprinted by permission of Grand Central Publishing. All rights reserved.
Yield: 4 servings
I wish I could get Gordon Ramsay to teach me some more techniques.
2 chicken breasts
1 6oz Swai filet
1/2 onion (diced)
1 Roma tomato (diced)
1tbsp olive oil
1 cup Spaghetti sauce
2 boxes brown rice pasta lasagna
1 box Sam Mills Deluxe Yellow Mac & Cheese
1. Dice chicken breasts, onion, tomato and cilantro. Place in blender and purée.
2. Put olive oil in frying pan and turn on medium-high heat. When oil spreads, add puréed chicken to pan and brown.
3. Slice Swai filet and add to chicken. Once browned, add spaghetti sauce and stir until boiling.
4. Layer lasagna noodles and spaghetti sauce. Bake for 20 minutes
5. Cook Mac & Cheese according to box directions.
6. Layer Mac & Cheese on top layer of lasagna, bake for another 15 minutes.
7. Serve to little monsters and enjoy. Bon appetit!